Thursday, May 7, 2009

abstract interview


This was by the far the hardest project that I have ever had to do. the idea behind the project was that each of us in the class was paired with someone else and we had to make a composition that defined them without using words or faces. I was paired with billy, which was definitely scary at first because our artistic styles are so different. He loves to draw and likes abstract things. He is also into comic books and illustrations. I was terrified to start this project because I am not that great of a drawer and I have no skills when it comes to illustration.
After hours of just staring at my computer screen, I finally came up with a concept that I want to try and pursue. Billy said that he is into abstract artists like Magritte, and so I found an image that I want to use and manipulate for this project.  I know that it seems a little awkward, but I think it will all come together in the end. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment