Thursday, April 2, 2009

First project!


For our first assignment, we were asked to create a logotype for ourselves that we could include in all of our pieces. My creative juices were not exactly flowing during the beginning of this process. Trying to come up with an individual seal is a difficult thing. 

The hardest part for me was trying to figure out what combination of my initials I wanted to use. My initials spell KEG, as in a large vat of beer. I knew I probably could come up with a few cool combinations for those three letters, but I really did not want to be associated as a large container of alcohol. So instead, with the help of my professor, came up with this logotype. I liked the fluidity of it and how it looks like brushstrokes. I think the combination works well and I am very happy with how it turned out.

When put on the spot, it is hard for all of my creative juices to immediately flow. I am glad that this logotype came together. Before this assignment, I never thought about having a logotype to put on my pieces. I always just signed my name and hoped that I did not screw that up! But I am glad that we had to this assignment, and I like the idea of using this on all of my pieces from here on out. I am sure down the road, I will change it into something different, but for now, it is just what I like. It is simple and cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment